M2 has extremely high fidelity; its SQ is neutral. It will show how good or bad the recording is!
- Real Balanced ACSS Power Amplifier
- Applies the round-corner style chassis which has lower syntony or vibration. Between the transformers and signal amps resides a thick metal plate to avoid interference.
- Fully balanced design, the gain stages and pre-driver stages working on class A , built by discrete analog stages without any OPA or coupling caps in the signal channels.
- The output transistors stages work in high idle current state. The Diamond Cross output stage design avoids « switch distortion » as well as class A amps.
- Non- feedback ACSS analogue design
- 80 output transistors: « the King of transistors MJL4281/4302 »
- Support 250W X2 (8 Ohm) output, 500W x2 (4 Ohm)
- The capacitance of the whole machine reaches as high as 260,000 uF, powered by four R cores transformers (Total 1500W)
- Completely separated design, separated power supplies for the right and left channels.
- In total 4 groups of high-quality class A parallel PSU’s to power gain stages. To achieve a high S/N, the control circuit is powered with separate regulators.
- Analog inputs: XLR, ACSS
- Audiophile grade components, including DALE resistors, WIMA caps, custom order NOVER (UK brand) caps, all audiophile grade input & output sockets and gold IEC socket.
- Static mode storage control software to avoid interrupting the sound quality , the MCU output is inactive when no user operation is active.
- 1. XLR
- 2. ACSS (XLR 4-PIN )
- Speaker Neutrik output IEC sockets.
« Linear Fidelity » technology
The Master 2 has special « Linear Fidelity » technology designed output stages . The output stages are designed without negative feedback but can keep the distortion very low and has an excellent ultra linear performance. On many power amp designs the output power determines the amount of distortion. Even when measuring a specific output power, the distortion level of the full frequency band already has a significant difference.
The blue line shows a frequency at 8 ohm 20W output of a well known power amplifier of round USD10k.
Different types of distortion also affect the sound. For example, if you are playing a piano, you can hear the difference between a brand A piano or a brand B piano due to the different distortion on the frequency band.
The more lifelike the rendering, so the better this distortion remains intact, the better you can perceive the differences between the A and B brands.
The applied negative feedback is done to reduce the distortion of an amplifier. A disadvantage of an amplifier with negative feedback is that it reduces distortion but also makes listening unpleasant. Also, the negative feedback power amplifier often has a good distortion result when measured with an ideal emulation load, but with real speakers, the electrical potential from the speaker through the feedback loop to the amplifier’s input stages can actually cause greater distortion.
The negative feedback power amp reduces the distortion, but the distortion increases as the output power increases, making the larger dynamic music sound loud and fire in your face while listening to the music.
Usually the non-negative feedback design has high distortion and is difficult to control, especially driver output stage operating under strong current condition. In our Master 2 design, the gain stages adopted ACSS technology, it is the design without negative feedback, but the original advantage of the very low distortion remains.
|Output power||2x250W under 8 Ohm / 2x500W under 4 Ohm|
|Output voltage||58V RMS|
|Frequency response||20Hz – 20kHz to 0.01dB (XLR 8 Ohm) / 10Hz – 100kHz to -3dB (XLR 8 Ohm)|
|inputs||2x XLR / 2x ACSS|
|Exits||2x Stereo terminal blocks (accepting bananas)|
|Food||4 transformers, including 2 R-Core|
|Weight||70kg (both blocks)|
|Housing material||100% Aluminum|
|Dimensions||340 x 260 x 450mm (one block)|
|Accessories||2x Power cable|