Serene Product Description
- The Serene “晴” adopts a true and fully-balanced design from end to end, with 4 sets of channels, left and right channels each form a fully-discrete design, each channel has two fully-discrete and separate amplification modules to complete buffering and amplification (attenuation) functions. For a total of 8 amplification modules.
- The 8 amplification modules of Serene “晴” are of a fully discrete design. The shortcomings of the transistor itself are solved through structural design and implementation. Its tone can exceed the limitations of traditional transistors. Using significant amounts of paired transistors delivers superior linearity and also has the advantages of electron tubes and transistors at the same time. Its tone can exceed the limitations of traditional
- Serene’s “晴” power supply is a completely independent structure from the secondary transformer. This is a dual mono amplifier placed in a chassis, so it has a full frequency >130dB performance of channel separation, so that the sound field is perfectly reproduced.
- Serene “晴” volume control is a fully balanced stepping device controlled by relay-controlled gain stage. Relays are the finest quality with Silver Palladium (AgPd) Gold Plated contacts. For a total of 84 steps, each step is 1db volume, and provides a volume control from -78dB to +6dB. Its advantage is that it has ultra low noise and can be accurately controlled at low volume without causing the phenomenon of left and right channels having unmatched levels. The matching degree of left and right channels in all volume ranges are within +/-0.1dB.
Single crystal nano fuse
Specification: 5X20mm @2A(220v) or 4A(110v)
Withstand voltage: 250V (T) slow speed
Features: This product has a complicated process, special materials can not be mass produced so this fuse is 100% pure handmade!
This fuse cost is high due to the materials and labor. The structure is crimped, the contacts are firm and reliable, plated 24K gold, non-chemical process gold plating. The fuse is made of imported single crystal silver-copper alloy. After nano-processing, note that the fuse is directional after nano-processing. The inner filling of the quartz sand is filled with nano-graphite, and the graphite has ultra-high conductivity and high anti-interference characteristics. The sound is beautiful, soothing and layering is superb. This is the fuse we use in our flagship products.
The fuse is filled with 2 grades of quartz sand for good shock absorption and arc prevention/elimination. In the middle is graphene, which has the advantages of ultra-high conductivity and anti-interference. The fuse is a single crystal silver-copper alloy containing 10% precious metal, treated with nanographene, and stranded with single crystal silver.
The fuse cap is stamped from 99.99% 4N copper, one end is plated with 24K gold and one end is plated with sterling silver. Increasing the conductivity and the speed of the power supply make the fuse and the socket highly accessible.
The fuse is firmly pressed with two caps made of 4N copper. This process protects the fuse in the middle of the fuse. The fuse and the cap are in good contact with the ceramic tube. This process will reduce the oscillation of current passing.
The ceramic tube has anti-resonance and eliminates the effect of the microphone sound.
The fuse is made of a single crystal silver-copper alloy, and a very fine single crystal silver wire is wound to correct the sound.
Tip: Input in different directions, the tone is different. You can try different directions
SERENE KTE Specifications
Standard Model includes:
- 7N copper, round wire O-type transformer, which was used in the Spring 2 (non-KTE)
- Standard copper hook-up wire
- Schurter Gold Fuse, same fuse used in Spring 2/May (non-KTE)
- Standard capacitors / HoloAudio, audio grade capacitors
- CNC Aluminum Remote Control
Kitsune, KTE Edition includes:
- CNC Aluminum Remote Control
- 4pcs 5uF/350V non-polar AudioNote Kaisei capacitors
- HoloAudio, audio grade capacitors
- Flat wire o-type transformer.
- Red nano fuse (as used in HOLO Audio May KTE)
- CNC Aluminum Remote Control
- KTE badging
|Single-ended RCA input (QTY 3)||Maximum amplitude 12Vpp|
|Input impedance 6.8KΩ|
|Balanced XLR input (QTY 2)||Maximum amplitude 24Vpp|
|Input impedance 13.6KΩ|
|Single-ended RCA output||Maximum amplitude 8.5Vrms|
|Output impedance 20Ω|
|Balanced XLR output 1||Maximum amplitude 17Vrms|
|Output impedance 3Ω|
|Balanced XLR output 2||Maximum amplitude 17Vrms|
|Output impedance 40Ω|
|Size||430x300x55mm / 16.93×11.81×2.17inches (W x L x H, Dimensions do not include protruding parts）|
|Power Input (configurable, see label on bottom of unit for specified input）||220-230V 50/60Hz – Fuse Type 2A SB 5x20mm|
|110-115V 50/60Hz – Fuse Type 4A SB 5x20mm|
WARRANTY – 3 years warranty, both parts and labor, coverage of one way shipping (return shipping at cost to seller once product is confirmed as a warranty claim issue). Be sure to buy from Magna Hifi or authorized HoloAudio reseller in Europe.
Serene is not just a preamp. It is matching the Holo MAY perfectly! So by function, it’s nothing particularly special at first glance. Fully balanced amp. And each channel has 2 discrete amp, one for buffering and one to amplify. Jeff Zhu has put tremendous amounts of time to develop this amp and has researched a way to get more detail and natural sound from a discrete transistor based amplifier. This is more comparable to tube sound however with better detail retrieval.
We have chosen specific transistors that have high performance of thermal character. So with a large amount of these transistors we have made an amp that performs extremely well by design. As we have said before, the Serene has discrete amp modules. Each module has about 50 transistors per module. This ensures superior linearity. In a tube amp, the more tubes improves linearity, but how many tubes are considered reasonable? The amount of transistors in the Serene is very high for many discrete amplifiers on the market. This is key for its performance, sound signature, albeit a bit more costly… we think one might agree it is well worth it.
Premium grade components have been carefully chosen to deliver the best possible sound signature that Holo Audio is well known for. For an example; Quality Holo Audio Caps are used and our most preferred after testing many other choices. Also a quality O-Type transformer is used for optimum audio performance and of course is properly shielded from surrounding components. Each part of this circuit design has been well sorted out and specific components paired for optimal audio performance.