The newest HoloAudio offering is the Cyan 2 DAC. We are quite proud of the Cyan 2 and confident in saying we think you will find it most impressive as well. It’s a true balanced discrete resistor ladder DAC with both PCM and DSD support packed into a smaller footprint of desktop space. The Cyan 2 has several “trickle down” technologies from it’s bigger brothers and we are excited to introduce this product at a more affordable price.
Cyan 2 “青2”, A new generation DAC of fully discrete resistor network (commonly known as R2R). Relative to its predecessor the Cyan “青”, the Cyan 2 “青2” has the following improvements:
• Equipped with R2R network and vector step resistor network at the same time. The R2R network is used for primary digital-to-analog conversion of the PCM stream, and the vector step resistor network is used for primary digital-to-analog conversion of the DSD stream.
• The new generation of de-glitch technology can provide full-amplitude de-glitch without increasing the noise floor and other adverse effects.
• Based on this new generation of technology, Cyan 2 “青2” Can provide >106db SINAD and >127db dynamic range.
• USB supports sampling rates up to DSD1024 and PCM 1.536M.
• The USB interface uses proprietary firmware with ultra-low latency, a highly reliable data transmission, ideal USB eye pattern measurements that contributes to 2-4 times higher performance than official firmware.
|R2R (Discrete ladder)
|COAXIAL, OPTICAL, AES
|PCM 44.1-192K (24bit)
|DSD 64X （DOP)
|USB (galvanically isolated)
|PCM 44.1-1.536M (32bit)
|DSD 64-512X （DOP)
|DSD 64-1024X （Native)
|PCM 44.1-1.536M (32bit)
|Auto input selection
|LED indicator lights for each sample rate type as well as for input selection..
|Both otuputs can be used simultaneously
|PCM 48K NOS
|THD+N 0.0005% @1K (-106dB)
|Voltage Output 2.5Vrms(RCA), 5.0Vrms(XLR)
|THD+N 0.0002% @1K (-114dB)
|Voltage Output 1.25Vrms(RCA), 2.50Vrms(XLR)
|300x200x48mm / 11.8″ x 7.9″ x 1.9″ (WxLxH Dimensions do no include protruding parts)
|3.5kg / 7.72lbs
|Power input (configurable)
|220-230V 50/60Hz – Fuse spec : 2A SB 5x20mm
|110-115V 50/60Hz – Fuse spec : 4A SB 5x20mm
|Other included items
|Power Cable (EU / U ONLY) x1
|USB Cable x1
|No remote control available
HDMI I2S INPUT
note: i2s is NOT the same as HDMI Audio/Video. NEVER plug HDMI devices into the i2s products like HoloAudio Cyan2. Be sure it’s i2s or IIS compliant with compatible pin out configuration.
note: i2s pin out is HoloAudio spec. Similar to PSaudio however left and right channel is swapped for DSD content.
note: i2s is not hot swappable, so never plug or unplug i2s cables when the devices are powered on. Always turn off both devices before plug/unplug of cable. And Ideal length for i2s HDMI cable is approx 0.3-0.6M or common size is 0.5M. Generally speaking the flatwire type cables are more ideal than round wire type cables for i2s protocol applications.
DSD natively supported
HoloAudio is the world’s first to support DSD natively on Resistor Ladder DAC, so far the only one. This is not the DSD converted to PCM before digital-analog converter, but directly by the discrete components of the DSD digital to analog converter. Supported currently on MAC (DOP)and Linux (DOP), and Windows/PC (Direct Native and DOP). Please note, the word ‘R2R’ is the name of a kind of architecture of resistor ladders. This architecture requires less resistors yet still is capable to deliver more than acceptable performance. Most DACs in the industry use this architecture. The DSD module of Spring3 does not use R2R architecture for the DSD, more specifically it uses a very specific architecture which is optimized to perform DSD to analog. So to be entirely accurate the DSD part of Spring is using resistor ladders, not R2R..