Holo Audio USA is represented by Kitsuné. We do NOT ship Holo Audio products to North America! (USA/Canada)
HoloAudio Red Network Streamer & DDC
HoloAudio “RED” is a Network Streamer with I2S HDMI output supporting DSD up to 1024 and it can be used as DDC (USB to I2S or SPDIF converter). To activate the DDC function the Red must be turned off/on while the USB source is connected. to re-enable the Streaming function, disconnect the USB source and turn the Red off/on again.
This audio device is using a Pi Compute Module 4 it only uses the Pi4 as core system. It differs from a standard Raspberry Pi because it does not have all peripheral components on board, but has been developed by Holo Audio itself, of course optimised for Audio. The advantage is that it can be used with a lot of software and is therefore versatile.
- Featuring digital input and output options
- Simple setup user-friendly software setup
- Stream Internet radio stations, streaming music services and your own local music library.
- Control music wirelessly with a controller app
- AirPlay 2 lets you play music from your wireless device
- DDC – Digital (USB) to Digital (I2S HDMI, Coax BNC, RCA, Optical, AES/EBU) Converter
Supporting audio services:
- NAA HQPlayer
- Roon Bridge
- Tidal Connect
– Easy to activate in the main menu.
– All services can be activated simultaneously*
– Output UAC2 Gen2 DSD DoP / DSD Native
* Scream (Virtual network sound card for Microsoft Windows) can only be activated in standalone mode
DSD Native Support notice: Red can support up to DSD512 and PCM768K by I2S. USB is limited by linux kernel and also support DSD512 and PCM768K right now, new kernel will support DSD1024 and PCM1536K in future release.
|Product type||Network Streamer & DDC (Digital to Digital Converter)|
|Ethernet||Ethernet RJ45, GigE 1000Mbps|
|Digital inputs||USB 2.0|
|Digital outputs||1x I2S HDMI (Holo Audio compatible)
1x Coaxial S/PDIF RCA
1x Coaxial S/PDIF BNC
1x AES/EBU XLR
1x Optical Toslink
1x USB-A 2.0 (USB Host)
|Supported file formats||MP3, AAC, WMA, WMA-L, OGG, ALAC, OPUS, WAV, AIFF|
|CPU||Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz|
|Native sampling rates||16-24bit 44.1-768kHz – Native DSD64 – 512
Note: Future release will support up to DSD1024 / 1.5Mhz
|Steaming services||Deezer, Spotify, Qobuz, Tidal, Web radios|
|Others services||AirPlay 2
|Power supply||100-240VAC (cable included)|
|Dimensions||220 x 146 x 46mm|
|Package||1x Holo Audio Red
1x Power cable
1x MicroSD card (software installed)