Visitors from USA or Canada go to Kitsuné
HoloAudio “RED” is a Network Streamer with I2S HDMI output supporting DSD up to 1024 and it can be used as DDC (USB to I2S or SPDIF converter). To activate the DDC function the Red must be turned off/on while the USB source is connected. to re-enable the Streaming function, disconnect the USB source and turn the Red off/on again.
This audio device is using a Pi Compute Module 4 it only uses the Pi4 as core system. It differs from a standard Raspberry Pi because it does not have all peripheral components on board, but has been developed by Holo Audio itself, of course optimised for Audio. The advantage is that it can be used with a lot of software and is therefore versatile.
- Featuring digital input and output options
- Simple setup user-friendly software setup
- Stream Internet radio stations, streaming music services and your own local music library.
- Control music wirelessly with a controller app
- AirPlay 2 lets you play music from your wireless device
- DDC – Digital (USB) to Digital (I2S HDMI, Coax BNC, RCA, Optical, AES/EBU) Converter
- Configure the I²S pinout through the DIP switch [1,2] at the bottom of the chassis,
Supporting audio services:
- NAA HQPlayer
- Tidal Connect
– Easy to activate in the main menu.
– All services can be activated simultaneously*
– Output UAC2 Gen2 DSD DoP / DSD Native
* Scream (Virtual network sound card for Microsoft Windows) can only be activated in standalone mode
DSD Native Support notice: Red can support up to DSD512 and PCM768K by I2S. USB is limited by linux kernel and also support DSD512 and PCM768K right now, new kernel will support DSD1024 and PCM1536K in future release.
Alternative Software / AddOns
The Red is compatible with all kinds of software such us:
- RooExtend (Useful and easy to install extensions)
- Moode Audio (Audiophile-quality music playback)
- RoPieee (RoPieee provides a ready-to-go image that runs Roon Bridge)
|Product type||Network Streamer & DDC (Digital to Digital Converter)|
|Ethernet||Ethernet RJ45, GigE 1000Mbps|
|Digital inputs||USB 2.0|
|Digital outputs||1x I2S HDMI (Holo Audio compatible)|
1x Coaxial S/PDIF RCA
1x Coaxial S/PDIF BNC
1x AES/EBU XLR
1x Optical Toslink
1x USB-A 2.0 (USB Host)
|Supported file formats||MP3, AAC, WMA, WMA-L, FLAC, OGG, ALAC, OPUS, WAV, AIFF|
|CPU||Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz|
|Native sampling rates||16-24bit 44.1-768kHz – Native DSD64 – 1024 (USB OUT)|
Note: Future release will support up to DSD1024 / 1.5Mhz on I2S HDMI output
|Output Sample rates||COAX, OPT, AES: PCM 44.1-192K 24bit DSD 64 DOP|
USB: PCM 1.536Mhz / DSD1024
I²S: PCM 44.1K-768K DSD 64-512X Native / DSD64 -256X DOP
|Steaming services||Deezer, Spotify, Qobuz, Tidal, Web radios|
|Others services||AirPlay 2|
|Dimensions||220 x 146 x 46mm|
|Package||1x Holo Audio Red|
1x TF card (pre-installed custom bridge system RedOS)
Alpha Audio: Holo Audio Red streamer and DDC – Red Alert!
Holo RED Streamer/DDC Measurements
Eric (verified owner) –
Received the Red. The SD Card was already prepared. I am using Mconnect and it was totally straightforward, perfect for me. The sound quality using Red is great!!