High-performance USB digital audio interface. The microprocessor with the latest ARM Cortex-M4 as the core is used as the main control of the USB data part. SU-2 uses a self-developed ultra-low jitter clock system (ACCUSILICON’s AS-318B series, which achieves ultra-low jitter at the femtosecond level). A large-capacity FPGA serves as the digital audio data processing core and has a standard USB2.0 input interface. Rich output interface, including XLR balanced output AES, coaxial RCA and BNC, I2S interface with HDMI socket output (custom 4way I2S circuit that improves sounds quality and reduces jitter), perfect master clock and word clock (WCLK) output. SU-2 supports external 10Mhz clock input, using common 50 ohm input impedance design.
CLOCK INPUT & OUTPUT
SU2 can also be used as an independent master clock. It can output a word clock of 44.1K-384K, or output a master clock of 22.5792Mhz-49.152Mhz.
- independent master clock: it can output a word clock of 44.1K-384K, or output a master clock of 22.5792Mhz-49.152Mhz. (When not connected to USB, it will be used as the master clock device by default)
- Providing an external 10Mhz clock input it will be a frequency converter; support 10Mhz to 44.1K-384K word clock, or output 22.5792Mhz-49.152Mhz master clock.
SU-2 is a new architecture USB interface developed by us to replace the original SU-1; PCM sampling rate supports up to PCM 768K, and DSD supports up to DSD1024. Using a large FPGA as the core of the processing processing, we decentralized some of the FPGA algorithm technology of the flagship interface SU-6 to the SU-2; its positioning in the mid-to-high-end interface mainly uses the following three unique technologies:
- Full isolation technology (ground isolation), using 150Mbps full isolation chip, can completely isolate the interference from the PC;
- Source synchronization technology and FPGA shaping technology, reshape the I2S signal after isolation; thus eliminating the additive jitter brought by the isolation chip;
- Self-developed clock system, using ACCUSILICON high-performance crystal oscillator, low phase noise, low jitter; you can also choose external 10Mhz clock, support various atomic clocks, constant temperature crystal, GPDSO input.
- XMOS latest xCORE – 200 series of USB digital interface. A new generation of XMOS chip, using the more advanced process technology, the performance was doubled the old one U8 chip, the processing capacity of up to 1000 MIPS.
- High-speed isolation design, isolation between PC and interface of noise interference cleanly. SU-2 adopted a preeminent circuit design, using the high- speed CPLD/FPGA digital audio signal for separate after restructuring, so as to make the signal after reforming completely unaffected by isolation chip itself shaking.
- Internal main board adopts the technology of the uniform source synchronous clock, CPLD/FPGA internal using special algorithm of clock signal and digital audio signal phase control strictly, can ensure that the digital audio signal after isolation chip will not appear extra distortion because of the time delay and phase difference.
- One pair of Accusilicon clocks. extremely -ow phase noise crystal oscillator (less than 90dBc @ 10Hz) is intended for professional recording equipment as well as audiophile electronics. These models offer a remarkably low jitter rate measured 0.2ps on 10Hz-1MHz band and 0.071ps on 12-80MHz band.
- Singxer team are occupied in the field of digital audio for many years, at the same time we get strong support from the XMOS FAE team, we are on the basis of the original firmware had done. Many of the technical improvement and optimization algorithm.
|Product type||USB digital interface|
|Sampling rate supported||PCM via SPDIF & AES / EBU: Up to 192kHz
PCM via I2S & WCLK: Up to 768kHz
DSD via SPDIF & AES / EBU: DSD64-DSD512 DoP
DSD via I2S: native DSD1024
|Clocks||2x Accusilicon AS318B type femto clocks|
|Input||1x USB 2.0-B (Driver available for download from this sheet))
1x Clock 10MHz Master Reference
|Outputs||– Coaxial SPDIF (RCA)
– BNC 1x I2S through HDMI
– AES / EBU
– MCLK / WCK (clock)
|OS compatibility||Windows XP, 7, 8, 10 – Installing drivers needed
MacOS 10.6 and later
Linux with kernel UAC2 Android 4.2 and later – Supports OTG function
|I2S compatibility||Audio-GD: Support native DSD / DoP (all switches OFF)
Holo Audio: Support automatic detection and DSD (all the switches OFF) PS AUDIO: Support automatic detection and DSD (all the switches OFF) Gustard (3/6 Switch ON)
|Dimensions||Width: 233mm Depth with connectors: 185.6mm
Without connectors: 170mm Height with legs: 58.4mm
Without legs: 46.5mm